He is an 8 year old Kelpie x Shepherd who is staying here for 10 days before making the trip to Adelaide. The wonderful lady who is fostering Daisy is also taking this gorgeous boy in.
He is a beautiful dog, loves giving hugs and kisses to people, has wonderful manners and is in a great condition. I love cuddling up to him as he is so soft and smells nicer than my dogs :D
Nothing in life is ever perfect though. He is a really dominant dog and I don't trust him alone with my dogs. My dogs will tolerate anything, especially Charlie, but its not fair to subject him to hours worth of being bullied just because I know he wont snap. Delta thought she would try and play bitey face with Flame- $500 later I have this:
Now, Delta takes after her mother- an absolute klutz. She walks into walls and doorways normally, so you can imagine what it is like watching her maneuver around with a bucket attached to her! The first afternoon I shed a tear every time she crashed into something, now I just laugh at her.
To her credit she isn't particularly fazed by it all. I love this dog so much, she is just eternally happy. I tried to get a picture or her looking sad but it just wouldn't happen.
Charlie is great with her. I had both him and Flame in crates while I went to the vet to pick her up so that she wouldn't have to interact with them when she got home. I started crying when she walked over and lay down next to his crate. Both dogs started whimpering and licking each other's noses. I let him out on a lead but he was so incredibly gentle I let them play for a bit.
So now a strict roster has been put into place. 1 dog in the yard, 1 in the house, 1 in a crate. Then they all go into crates so that Rose can be let out of her room. I am so glad I am on holidays or this just would not work.
No comments:
Post a Comment