Friday, January 4, 2008

Daisy

Daisy is staying with us for a few days before her big trip to a rescue in Adelaide. In that time I think she intends to drive us insane by doing this:



This dog has only 2 modes- sleeping and barking. How do people own yappy dogs? Probably because she is so cute like this:



The first time she barked at Delta she got that scared she ran and hid in her crate. Then she tried getting on the back of the lounge to get away from her. Charlie just barks back at her and goes to get his ball. So she barks because they won't play with her- it's a vicious, never-ending cycle.

Mum, quick let me in, she is coming!!!



Mind you, she has come a long way from her matted days in the pound:



Now she is streaking through the house naked. And showing off an incredibly long neck. I think of E.T. when I see her... or gollum.



I shouldn't be so harsh because she really is a doll and I can't imagine it will take long to find her new family, who will be incredibly lucky to have such a beautiful girl.

Rose doesn't think so. She saw her chance to escape last night and took it. As Daisy seems to need the toilet every 10-15 mins and I don't have a doggy door, I found it easier to just leave the backdoor open. At 2am I noticed Rose wasn't in her room and went outstide to look for her, followed by a pack of ravaging beasts. She took off, they took chase, she ran head first into a fence. I don't think she will be attempting another escape any time soon.

1 comment:

Michelle Wrighton Artist said...

Poor Daisy! I am sure she will soon find a forever home that will make sure her coat never gets into such a state again.

Its great to see another aussie BC lover!

Cheers

Michelle and Taj